Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Gochu

Another day, another burger dictated by timing and accessibility. I was due to do another night tour shadowing at Zealandia as part of my training, so decided to get an early burger in Miramar before heading to Karori. The venue I selected was Gasworks, as they are (a) open in the evening, and (b) on the way. Nicola came with me and walked back home afterwards.


Gasworks’ burger is called Gochu, and is described like this: Beef patty with gochujang sauce, pickles, cheddar, Swiss, jalapeƱo cheese, Woody's Free Range Farm pastrami, caramelised onions and ketchup in a Brezelmania potato bun, with fried daikon pickles.

It looked like this:


So what did I think of it? Well, there was a nice spiciness about the gochujang sauce, and it was easily manhandled without falling apart. And whilst all the trimmings were there (fried pickles is a theme that seems to be running this year), the central element was a let-down: the patty itself was flavourless. I don’t know what beef they were using, but they need to find something better. Overall, a disappointing effort. I scored it 5/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment