Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Medical Mayhem

When Nicola originally applied for a visa to come and live in New Zealand, we both went for medicals as part of the visa application process. Unfortunately, medical certificates only last for 3 months, so I have to be re-evaluated, and have a new chest x-ray and blood tests.

At the behest of Malcolm Pacific, our immigration consultants, I went along to the INZ-approved doctor yesterday. The good news is that my weight, blood pressure and cholesterol are all down – I reckon it’s all the walking around hilly Wellington. This morning I went to get the blood tests done, and should have the results when I go back to the doctor on Friday. I’ll then be able to get my application properly underway.

Weather Forecasting

Despite what the weathermen keep predicting on the news every evening, for the last two days it’s “turned out nice again, guv” – so much so that I was walking around yesterday morning in t-shirt, jumper, scarf and leather jacket, but by mid-afternoon was feeling distinctly uncomfortable and had to shed the scarf and jacket! The wind has dropped to the default setting of a gentle breeze (I’m not sure that it’s ever completely still here) and it’s really quite pleasant out in the sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. good luck with the blood tests.

    As for the weather it sounds pretty much like what we're now having here - with the exception that here it is summer!

    ReplyDelete