Friday, August 27, 2010

Compare The Meerkats

And gocompare…and moneysupermarket…and confused.com. Purveyors of annoying adverts, eh? Well, we’re trying to organise some insurance here in Wellington, without the benefit of these websites. Let me tell you, it’s hard work! Never thought I’d be saying it, but I miss them – or at least, I miss the ability to put one’s requirements into one website, once only.

Wait! What am I talking about? Insurance companies that can give you insurance quotes over the internet? The few that I’ve found (and I only needed the fingers on one hand to count them) that actually do this, then insist on you phoning them. All this to get a quote. Remember when everyone did it this way?





Job Search

I went to meet a chap from another recruitment agency yesterday. Wellington doesn’t have the high-density of financial recruitment firms that London has – naturally enough, most of the banks are headquartered in Auckland, with a secondary office in the capital. We talked about the possibility of another role at Kiwibank – who seem to be on a recruiting drive, particularly in Wellington, at the moment. I haven’t found any jobs on offer at any of the other main banks which would suit my talents. 

3 comments:

  1. We saw real Meerkats yesterday at Wingham Wildlife Park. Oh yes. And Prairie Dogs. Funny little squealers.

    Re jobs: Good luck and keep poundin' the pavements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living in Germany is sometimes living in the 70s regarding things like insurance, although it is getting better and coming on in leaps and bounds.

    But admit it: you're just missing the Alexander Orlov adverts. And the chance to say Simples a lot.

    Have you thought about going into something different to banking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've thought about it, but for the time being I need to find employment by the easiest route, which is to do what I've done before. Of course, the long-term aim is to plant vines, squeeze the juice out of it, ferment it, and bottle the resultant liquid for sale to the public. Simples!

    ReplyDelete