Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Health Issue

I went to see the doctor yesterday, and got the results of my blood tests. And it’s official – I am 100% healthy! The liver function tests, which in the UK had been – to  use the medical terminology – “mildly deranged”, are now back inside the normal parameters. I took the forms round to Malcolm Pacific, together with the immigration forms – one for a work visa, and one for residence based on family. So the immigration process is now properly under way for me, and should take about 4 weeks, according to our immigration advisor…which is just as well, as I have an interview on Tuesday, and I’ll need to be able to tell them when I will be available to start work.

To celebrate, we went out and got riotously drunk.

In other news, Nicola’s cello turned up yesterday – it was air freighted from the UK. It’ll need to be retuned, and possibly restrung. We’re taking it down to a music shop today to find out. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Bro, good luck on tuesday...and I've got thoughts on cheese, but I'll send an E-mail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Healthy Bro - hope you didn't derange your liver too much last night. Hope you give good interview on Tues. V. exciting (Welsh accent).

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I went to see a hepatologist in London, his name was Dr. Wong. The INZ-approved doctor here is also...Dr. Wong.

    So this is a case of two Wongs making a right.

    Badum-tish! Ithangow, Ithangyow...I'll be here all week.

    ReplyDelete