Friday, November 6, 2020

Rice Salad

 OK, so I had a go at the rice salad, and instead of just chucking things in to see if that's about right, I actually measured out the ingredients first. This tasted OK, so follow it, but feel free to add more or less ingredients as you see fit. The 120g measurement for mung bean sprouts is because I bought a 120g packet. I actually made half these quantities but have doubled up for convenience. 

Feeds 4 (ish)

300g rice (I used basmati, but try brown if you prefer)
1 tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp cider vinegar
120g mung bean sprouts
1 green pepper, diced
150g raisins
150g peanuts
1 tbsp poppy seeds
1 tbsp brown sugar
salt and pepper

Cook the rice with the curry powder and vinegar. Drain and cool the rice, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix together. 


For the hippies amongst my readership (are there any?), this is vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free.

Enjoy!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment