Friday, August 24, 2018

Rosy Cheeky Lamb Burger


Coming back from Zealandia in the evening, I needed to grab a bite to eat. Fortunately, the Kelburn Village Pub was right along the way, and they’re doing a Burger Wellington! Say no more, I said to myself, and found a convenient parking space.

The Kelburn Village Pub does exactly what it says on the tin: it may not be the most noteworthy venue in the world, but they sell good beer and serve good food. Their offering is the Rosy Cheeky Lamb Burger, described thusly: Lamb, blue cheese, smoked beetroot and homemade pickles in an Arobake paprika bun, with seasoned chips, and it looks like this:


Points to note: a generous helping of chips, neatly stacked to the side; a toasted sesame-seed bun, a good patty, and a satisfying lack of lettuce. But look closely: there seems to be quite a lot of creamy dressing, and beetroot. You guessed it: this was a wet burger. Large quantities of these squirted out on to the plate (I was wise to their game!) as soon as I bit into it. However, the burger maintained its integrity throughout; I just feel they’re wasting a lot of ingredient that ends up being deposited on the plate. The chips were crunchy, seasoned with paprika. A good burger, but not a great one. I scored it 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment