Monday, August 25, 2014

The TK Royale

Another week, another round of burgers in the Wellington On A Plate Burger Wellington competition. Whilst casting around for my lunchtime burger today, I started reading the fine print on some of my proposed choices. Critics may say I should have done that at the beginning! Anyway, it turns out that no less than three venues I was considering were offering their burger only at dinner time or were closed on Monday. I'll try to get around to them another time.

So, making the cut for lunch today is Trade Kitchen with their offering of The TK Royale. Film buffs will of course be familiar with the fact that a "Royale" is what they call a quarterpounder in France:

Jules: Do you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in France?
Brett: No.
Jules: Tell him, Vincent.
Vincent: Royale with cheese.
Jules: Royale with cheese. Do you know why they call it a Royale with cheese?
Brett: Because of the metric system?
Jules: Check out the big brain on Brett. You one smart motherfucker.

Trade Kitchen have always delivered quality food when I've been there, so I was expecting something like a quarterpounder, but done to their high standards.


And that's pretty much what I got. A good, standard burger, cooked rare, with cheese, bacon,  and gherkin; served with crispy triple-cooked fries, and the Garage Project beer match Pils'n'Thrills. Nice to see bacon making its way into this burger - it seems to have gone out of fashion this year, at least with the ones I've tasted so far. The bun could've been toasted on the inside, but bun integrity held up to the final bite, so no real quibble there. I scored this 7/10. 




No comments:

Post a Comment