It’s Day Four in the big burger house…
I’d been at Zealandia in the morning doing some training, so headed into town to one of my usual haunts, Burger Liquor, to try their Burger Wellington offering. Burgers are their business, so at least the burger should be good, yes?
Ha! Jokes! Of course the burger was good! Their burger is called Green Eggs And Hamburger, a reference to the book by Dr. Seuss. It’s described on the WOAP website like this: Conscious Valley smashed beef patty, with Supreme Coffee and Woody's Free Range Farm 'red-eye' ham jam, bread and butter pickles, and green peppercorn bĂ©arnaise in a Brezelmania potato bun.
It looks like this:
The DVB beer match was Loud And Clear (DDH Bright IPA) –
another WOAP Special. For those of you not up on the lingo, “bright” means “not
hazy” (which so many beers, particularly IPAs, are these days), i.e. you can see through it to the other side.
There’s no fries served with this, so I ordered a portion of fat fries to accompany it.
First off, you can always pick a BL burger up, so it passes the first test. The burger is their standard beef burger, with which I am well familiar: nicely smashed, crispy round the edges, fuller in the middle. The green bit is what makes it different, though. I’m afraid the ham jam got somewhat lost in the overall flavour, but the green bĂ©arnaise, when it wasn’t dripping down my chin, was delicious – a nice bite of peppercorns to add flavour to the meat. Beef and pepper, of course, is a classic matchup, and yes, it works again here.
The beer is tasty, and can be tasted over and above the burger and sauce. A good combo here. Overall, I’m pretty satisfied with this burger. I’m not going to score it mega-highly, though, as it is just a variation on their standard, with nothing really new or different about it. 7/10.

No comments:
Post a Comment