This is a visit to the source…not of burgers, but of the beers that accompany the burgers for Burger Wellington. Yes, they’re all brewed locally (to me) right here in Miramar, and their bar is one of our regular haunts anyway, so off we popped to try their burger.
It’s called Bite And Tell, and it’s described on the WOAP website as such:
Beef patty, with pickled daikon, carrot and sesame coleslaw, cheddar, fresh chilli, fried shallots, and Sichuan sauce in a Shelly Bay Baker brioche bun.
It looks like this:
![]() |
And yes, there’s a beer match! It’s Loud And Clear IPA, which I’ve already tried...but as we’re actually in their bar I can get a pint of it, rather than a can, which is what other venues offer. Result!
How was it? Well, they already do a tasty burger, so this is
just a variation on their usual patty. But it was a good one: there was the
characteristic numbing sensation from the Sichuan sauce, some nice crunchiness
from the slaw, a bite from the pickle, and the heat from the chili. The
flavours combined rather than fought each other. Other points to note: a pick-upable
burger (although the sauce did run all over my fingers), and also the chips at
DVB are always quality – crunchy, chunky and golden. Overall I’d eat this
burger any time, and I rate this a strong 9/10.

No comments:
Post a Comment