Monday, August 15, 2016

Chorizo Burger

I had to take my car to the garage on Monday, so I thought that whilst I was down that end of town it would be an ideal opportunity to try Capitol’s Chorizo Burger. It sounds good on the Burger Wellington website: Wairarapa pork and chorizo patty with manchego, local eggs and pickled onions on a Pandoro brioche bun. It’s paired with Garage Project’s Hakituri organic beer.

It looks like this:


So you’re not going to pick it up and eat it with your hands. That much is clear from the start. Also, when cutting into it, I noticed that the egg was cooked with a nice runny yolk, so that would’ve spurted out all over my shirt. Disaster averted! You’ll also notice some sautéed pink new potatoes on the side, which weren’t mentioned on the description.  Inside there was a spicy tomato sauce which again had been mysteriously neglected.

But what does it taste like? Well, you can stop searching for your winning burger now, because I’ve found it. Yes, this is a fantastic burger. The pork is porky, there’s chorizo mixed into the patty (a proper patty), and all the accompaniments are there, including a generous coating of manchego on the patty.  This was a burger that had everything going for it, without being overly fussy. I’m scoring it a 10, and I don’t do that very often! So get yourselves down to Capitol and taste it for yourself.

Dedicated researcher that I am, I will of course continue in my quest to make sure that there isn’t an even better burger out there this year. But I fear I’ve peaked already. All that remains is to see whether the burger judges agree with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment