Thursday, October 7, 2010

John, I'm Only Dancing

Tonight’s ballroom dancing concentrated on the cha-cha-cha, where we’d learned the basic move last week. This week we learned how to do a “New Yorker” which is the bit where you turn through 90˚ and step forward together. We also had another go at the waltz, and learned the technique of turning corners – very important when you’re on a dance floor and come to a wall!

On Saturday, we’ll be going to our first social dance, and will be able to talk to all the folk who so far have just been the unwitting recipients of my maladjusted steps. It’s also a chance to see how it should be done proper, like, as there will be demonstrations and other entertainments in the evening.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very jealous - 2 years ago Chef said he'd go to dancing lessons with me. (I did have lessons in the UVI at school for "all the coming out parties you will be gong to" - chortle - but I've forgotten all I knew)

    I really want to do a cha-cha-cha, a quickstep and what the Germans call the Disco Fox which is a sort of foxtrot you do at a disco. Quite.

    Any chance of a video of you two dancing?

    ReplyDelete