Saturday, September 25, 2010

Ballroom Blitz

We went back to ballroom dancing lessons for the second week. I’d remembered what we’d learned the previous week, and managed not to stumble about too much. So then the instructor hit us with some additional steps so that we could advance our foxtrotting and rock’n’rolling skills. It’s all a bit complicated for a bear of very little brain, but I’m just about keeping up. We need to practice more between lessons, I think, as he’s going to add even more next week, I’m guessing. There’s a dance on 9th October so I’m hoping that I’ll be just about competent in time for that!

Scrutiny

We went out for dinner last night to the Boulcott Streeet Bistro http://www.boulcottstreetbistro.co.nz/ for Nicola’s birthday. The food was great – we both had venison for main – and generally enjoyable. At the end of the meal, however, we found that they’d added a bottle of wine to our bill which we hadn’t had. This is the second time this has happened since I’ve been in Wellington, so we now scrutinize every restaurant bill carefully. Coincidence or incompetence? These are high-end restaurants, so I expect them to get it right first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment