Thursday, August 15, 2024

Sophisti-Cajun

We went to our usual Tuesday night quiz night at The Old Bailey. They’re participating in Burger Wellington as well, and their offering is called Sophisti-Cajun. I thought I’d give it a go.

It’s described on the Burger Wellington website as follows:

Beef patty with Swiss cheese, pickles, avocado, crispy Cajun onions, ketchup, mustard, and coriander sauce in a Brezelmania milk bun, with skin on Cajun fries

The Garage Project beer match is Good Shout, but I’d already ordered my usual Panhead Supercharger by that point, and the GP beer wasn’t offered by the staff.

It looked like this:


What can I say about it? There’s a bit too much going on. They’ve thrown the kitchen sink at this one, and it’s a mish-mash of flavours. To be honest, Cajun isn’t known for being a sophisticated cuisine, it’s more rustic in nature, so this burger was a bit of an oxymoron. There were too many flavours fighting each other. The only discernible heat, which I associate with Cajun, actually came from the chilli-dusted fries. Overall I thought this was an average burger, so I give it an average score: 5/10. 

On the plus side, we won the quiz.


1 comment:

  1. Good to know! Have you tried many other burgers so far?

    ReplyDelete