Saturday, October 17, 2020

Double Happy

I took a day off yesterday to eat some health food (salad) as I knew that this weekend would be burgerlicious. Today, Nicola is competing in the New Zealand Barbershop quartet competition with Excess Baggage, and as I was obliged to be in the audience I decided to reward myself with an offering from Grill Meats Beer. Normally they make excellent burgers anyway, so what would they do to excel themselves during Burger Wellington?


If you’ve read the title, you can probably guess…two burgers! Yes, there are two of them, with very different styles, and both slider-sized so not too much for one meal. Here's the description: Slider duo: Wagyu patty with Swiss and housemade pickle salt crisps in a Brezelmania Pretzel Bun; Korean fried chicken with Fix & Fogg satay, iceberg and kimchi in a steamed bao bun. I also chose the Garage Project beer match, Noon Juice – a cloudy IPA. It was a good beer.

The burgers looked like this:


I tackled the bao bun first. It was a bit messy so I opted for cutlery. But tasty! Yeah! Very spicy, sweet, and sticky. The wagyu slider was also very good – this one I could pick up, so I did. There was a saltiness to it, presumably from the salt crisps, which added an extra layer. No chips with this one, and I forgot to order any, but probably just as well because…well, you’ll see.

Overall, a pretty good lunch experience, and I rate this 7/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment