Monday, June 4, 2012

Tui Gallery

We were planning something a bit more adventurous for the bank holiday, but I was feeling a little under the weather so we decided instead just to go for a walk in the Botanic Gardens and see if we could spot (and hopefully photograph) some tuis. My attempts at tui photography in the past using the DMC-LS60 had not been an untrammelled success, so I thought I'd have a go with the new equipment.

We wandered around the park seeing the inevitable blackbirds and chaffinches:

A chaffinch (not a blackbird)

And we were just admiring some white-eyes when a tui came and landed on a branch right next to us. Naturally, he tried to get as much of the branch as possible between me and a good shot. The tuis in the Botanic Gardens are quite used to people, and didn't seem bothered as I tried to get a better angle.







No comments:

Post a Comment